Friday 20 July 2012

Month 1: Generic team book #1

Justice League International #1
You know, I don't have too much to say about this other than I'm sure it'll be a grower. It wants to be like the Giffen/de Matteis book but doesn't have the balls to do that much comedy so soon, so settles for being vaguely amusing although probably not amusing enough. I'm sure it'll get there once Booster Gold stops worrying about how good he is and is less emo, which can't be far off.
Nothing much happens. The group forms and goes off to investigate an incident in Peru, and it all ends in a splash for which the reference is clearly a Kirby work for Marvel but I can't decide which one. It's something like this
but it isn't. Is it Galactus? A Sentinel? Don't know. Happy for someone else to pick it out.
Anyway, this is OK, but isn't actually good either which is probably why I can't muster up the enthusiasm to say anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment